"There are two categories of web analytics off-site and on-site web analytics.
Off-site web analytics refers to web measurement and analysis irrespective of whether you own or maintain a website. It includes the measurement of a website's potential audience (opportunity), share of voice (visibility), and buzz (comments) that is happening on the Internet as a whole.
On-site web analytics measure a visitor's journey once on your website. This includes its drivers and conversions for example, which landing pages encourage people to make a purchase. On-site web analytics measures the performance of your website in a commercial context. This data is typically compared against key performance indicators for performance, and used to improve a web site or marketing campaign's audience response.
Historically, web analytics has referred to on-site visitor measurement. However in recent years this has blurred, mainly because vendors are producing tools that span both categories."
Galore has choosen Google as our analytics vendor, which is pretty simple to use by anyone who owns a website.
Thanks to Google analytics we can provide the following services to our clients:
- Advanced Segmentation: Isolate and analyze subsets of your traffic. Select from predefined custom segments such as "Paid Traffic" and "Visits with Conversions" or create new custom segments with a flexible, easy-to-use segment builder. Apply segments to current or historical data and compare segment performance side by side in reports.
- Motion Charts:Motion Charts add sophisticated multi-dimensional analysis to most Google Analytics reports. Select metrics for the x-axis, y-axis, bubble size, and bubble color and view how these metrics interact over time. Choose the metrics you want to compare and expose data relationships that would be difficult to see in traditional reports.
- Custom Reports: Create, save, and edit custom reports that present the information you want to see organized in the way you want to see it. A drag and drop interface lets you select the metrics you want and define multiple levels of sub-reports. Once created, each custom report is available for as long as you want it.
- Fast Implementation: Paste the Google Analytics tracking code into each of your website pages and tracking begins immediately.
- Keyword and Campaign Comparison: Track and compare all your ads, email newsletters, affiliate campaigns, referrals, paid links, and keywords on Google and other search engines.
- Custom Dashboards: No more digging through reports. Put all the information you need on a custom Dashboard that you can email to others.
- AdWords Integration: Buy keywords on Google AdWords and use Google Analytics to learn which keywords are most profitable to your business.
- Internal Site Search:Find out how your visitors search your site, what they look for, and where they end up.
- Benchmarking:Find out whether your site usage metrics underperform or outperform those of your industry vertical. Opt-in benchmarking compares your key metrics against aggregate performance metrics while preserving the confidentiality of your data.
- Trend and Date Slider: Compare time periods and select date ranges without losing sight of long term trends.
- Funnel Visualization: Find out which pages result in lost conversions and where your would-be customers go.
- Site Overlay: See traffic and conversion information for every link as you browse your site. (no download required).
- Email reports: Schedule or send ad-hoc personalized report emails that contain exactly the information you want to share.